IMSmugTools - scripts to integrate IMatch and Smugmug
- Current versions are 1.3.10 and 1.4.0 (see below and the README for the change history)
- Requires Smugmug Pro or Power account
- Important! The 1.3 and 1.4 versions of IMSmugTools works only with IMatch version 3.6. I no longer support IMatch version 3.5.
I've released an updated development version 1.3.10. Changes since the last release include:
- Replaced DefaultColor with ColorCorrection based on Smgmug API change on 1/27/2009
- Fixed defect in ManageTemplate where template list box was not being updated following the deletion of a template.
- Added support for "Square Thumbs" in album properties.
- Added security support using album and image keys.
- "Protected" album property is not available to Power users
I've also released an updated development version 1.4.0. This version uses the latest Smugmug API v1.2.2. Changes since 1.3.10 include:
- Migrated to Smugmug API v1.2.2
- Implemented full ColorCorrection support (True, Auto, Inherit)
- ColorCorrection now available to Power users, in addition to Pro
Included in the current prerelease (version 1.3) are the following three scripts:
SmugUpload - a full-featured script that exploits the Smugmug API for uploading images from IMatch to your Smugmug galleries. Functionality includes
- upload images from the IMatch ActiveSelection to a Smugmug gallery
- preview selected images before starting the upload
- launch Smugmug gallery in browser window after upload completes
- create a new gallery "from scratch" or based on an existing Smugmug "template"
- edit gallery settings
- create, rename, and delete Smugmug categories and subcategories
- create, edit, rename album templates (delete will be available as soon as the Smugmug API supports it)
- optionally store the Smugmug password hash in the registry to automate and streamline the Smugmug login process
SmugSync - exploits the Smugmug API to create a mirror of the Smugmug category, subcategory, and gallery structure in an IMatch category tree.
- creates a category tree in IMatch that mirrors the Smugmug category/subcategory/gallery structure
- allows selection of one, many, or all Smugmug galleries
- optionally will populate the category tree by searching the IMatch database for files whose filename matches the filename on Smugmug
- allow selection of multiple versions of the IMatch images that match the Smugmug file names. Entering a list of filename extensions on the main dialog allows you to match on more than just the jpegs (e.g. jpg;nef;crw;cr2). Your list of extensions also can be remembered for future use. In case you add pre- or post-text to your Smugmug images, there's also two fields that let you specify text you want to ignore in the Smugmug filenames.
- optionally store the Smugmug password hash in the registry to automate and streamline the Smugmug login.
GotoSmug - opens your Smugmug home page in your web browser
- if added to the IMatch one-click dialog bar, this simple script makes it very easy to open your Smugmug homepage in your default browser.
IMSmugTools requires two Microsoft components on your system. In versions 1.3 and later of IMSmugTools, I now load these automatically in order to avoid the need to edit the References. IMSmugTools might work with other versions of these Microsoft components, but this is what I have tested with:
- Microsoft WinHTTP, v5.1
- Microsoft XML, v5.0 or v6.0 - Get MSXML v6.0 here
The 1.3 and 1.4 versions now autodetect and load MSXML.
Plans for Next Release
Other than defect corrections in the 1.3 version, I have no immediate plans to extend IMSmugTools. If Smugmug adds a search API, then there may be a few new things I'd like to do. I'm also considering adding a watermark management script that will allow you to manage your Smugmug watermarks from within IMatch. Finally, I need to add the new Smugmug sharpening options to the create and edit gallery and template functions.
- Download prerelease Version 1.4.0
- Download prerelease Version 1.3.10
- Utility scripts to enable debug mode & reset credentials.
- See the Script downloading and installation instructions for generic information about using scripts downloaded from the IMatch Wiki.